GloCyte Automated Cell Counter
The GloCyte Automated CSF Cell Counter can handle all CSF specimens – even those with clinically relevant low cell counts that fall below the linearity of other automated analyzers. With the ability to detect down to 1 cell/µL and deliver total nucleated cell (TNC) and red blood cell (RBC) results in less than 5-minutes using only 30 µL per test, GloCyte gives hematology labs a reliable and efficient method for automating analysis of all CSF specimens, improving results consistency and turnaround time, compared to the manual hemocytometer method.
- Able to detect down to 1 cell/µL
- Delivers TNC and RBC results in less than 5 minutes
- Easy to operate; everything is on one screen
- Interactive software makes troubleshooting easy
TIMELY RESULTS YOU CAN COUNT ON
- GloCyte puts your mind at ease by calculating TNC and RBC results for you in cells/µL.
- Quick assay procedure generates results with only 30 µL of sample per test.
- No mandatory background checks are required between samples.
PRODUCTIVITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- GloCyte uses disposable test cartridges, so there is no carryover between samples and infectious specimens can be processed without worry.
- No more headaches from routine maintenance because GloCyte has no moving parts.
- The proficiency assessment tool confirms new users will obtain results with confidence.
- Test cartridges can be manually marked for keeping track of sample analysis.
- The analyzer’s small footprint makes the most of every inch of valuable lab space.
SIMPLICITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- GloCyte is easy to operate with everything you need on one screen.
- When dilution is necessary, software guidance leads you through the quickest way to get to the result.
- Interactive software makes troubleshooting easy.
- Customizable field entries provide consistency with terminology currently used in your laboratory.
DATA MANAGEMENT YOU CAN COUNT ON
- Simple search functions make it easy to quickly retrieve results.
- Quality control features include Levey-Jennings charts, password protection, and an audit table. You can also flag aberrant control results and expired materials.
- GloCyte software interfaces with LIS and data is easily exported for statistical analysis.
- Comprehensive patient reports can be printed effortlessly.
|Sample type||Human cerebrospinal fluid (csf)|
|Assay Parameters||Total nucleated cell (TNC) and red blood cell (RBC)|
|Sample volume||30 µL per assay|
|Test time||1-2 specimens in under 5 minutes|
|Communication||USB 2.0 ports|
|Laser||Class 3B, 3O mWatts nominal rating, Class 1 when installed in the instrument with the external enclosure in place|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)|
|Net weight||18.1 kg (40.0 lbs.)|
|Shipping weight||24.5 kg (54.0 lbs.)|
Supplies & Accessories
|111010||Test Cartridges (200 pieces)|
|111011||RBC Reagent (3 vials, 1.8 mL each)|
|111012||TNC Reagent (3 vials, 1.8 mL each)|
|111013||Low and High Level Controls (1 vial of each level, 3 mL each)|
|111164||Sample Preparation Tray|
|800097||Pipette Tips (960 pieces)|
|802024||Vacuum Station O-Ring|
|806053||10 µL Fixed Volume Pipette|
|806054||30 µL Fixed Volume Pipette|
Busy labs often look to automation to ensure timely sample processing, but analyzing CSF samples – especially those at clinically relevant low cell counts – can be time-consuming and challenging. For labs that want to improve results consistency and turnaround time, there’s an Advanced Solution that meets this need with GloCyte.
Upcoming Trade Shows
- CLMA KnowledgeLab | 29-31 March 2020 | Louisville, KY
- AACC 72nd Annual Scientific Meeting | 26-30 July 2020 | Chicago, IL